Friday, January 4, 2013

Soccer Champions!!!

-->
Our team has won 10 friendly games in a row. We have only lost one single game when we played against Norwood White. All of the other matches we won except in the championship when we also lost one game. Our biggest match was against Kedron when we won 8-0. When we played against them for the second time we had to let them score because they haven’t gotten a goal in 14 games. The score was 2-1. The first game we played against Kedron I got two goals, one was a penalty and one was a free kick. When there was a free kick I kicked the ball over their heads! My team colleagues say that I have some kind of robotic foot. We scored against Glenolden two times. The first game we beat them 1-0. The next game we won 3-0. Three different people scored. We beat Prospect Park two times but both games were very close, first time we beat them 1-0 and second time 3-2. By the way, I play defense but sometimes I go into attack.  It was a corner kick and one of the Prospect Park defenders kicked the ball towards me. I went up to the ball and kicked it so high it went to the end of the net! I felt so proud of myself. We won against Norwood Blue two times. The first time I scored a penalty shot. The next game we won 2-0. We only scored against Norwood White one time. The score was 2-0. We beat Collingdale one time also. The score was 1-0, but I’ve got to admit Collingdale is a great team.

Last but not least the championship! I said to myself that I had to be a good defender if I wanted to win. We versed Glenolden first and we beat them 1-0, but they didn’t go out because it was a double elimination championship. Then we versed Norwood Blue. We won 2-1 but Norwood Blue scored first and I was very frightened that we may lose. I scored a penalty. The goalie looked scared and I kicked the ball on the left side. Then last but not least the Final. My teammate went up with the ball near the goalie and SCORED!!! 1-0 amazing! Somebody dribbled the ball from Prospect Park but suddenly I heard a whistle. It was the end of the game! No more playing time and we are the soccer champions!!!! For the first time I got my beautiful trophy. We celebrated by having a hot dog party. We played some soccer, went on the moon bounce, ate pretzels, got a bag of Doritos, it was great. Being a soccer champion rocks. I hope I’m going to be the champion next year as well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment